News‎ > ‎

Update on Commercial Marijuana at East Hatchet Ranch

posted Apr 29, 2016, 9:46 AM by EastHatchet Admin   [ updated Apr 29, 2016, 9:48 AM ]
     In response to owner requests this past spring, your Board of Directors prepared an amendment that would prohibit commercial marijuana production on any ranch property (proposed Amendment 7 to Section 2 of our Declaration regarding Property Uses). 
     A mail-in vote of all EHR members was conducted on this amendment in May and June of 2015, and the overwhelming response was against production of commercial marijuana: 87% of responding members voted for the amendment (to ban commercial production on the ranch); the other 13% of respondents voted against this amendment (to allow commercial production). 
     Nevertheless, this amendment failed because our Declaration requires 75% of ALL members to approve an amendment, and only 68% of ALL members voted to approve the proposed amendment. Only 10% of all members voted against it. The other 22% of members did not return their ballots, despite phone calls and emails to remind them. Regardless of their views on the amendment, this group’s lack of response affected the outcome of the vote. 
     At the Association’s annual meeting on July 12, 2015, all but two of the 90+ members in attendance requested that the Board conduct another vote. In response to this request, the Board will be addressing this matter during the 2015-2016 year. If the amendment passes, it will have the effect of prohibiting all Commercial growth of marijuana on the ranch.

(Nothing in this amendment addresses or prohibits the growth of marijuana for personal use, per Colorado Statute.) 
Comments